Welcome to the APCEMA website
The Air Pollution Control Equipment Manufacturers Association of Australia is the national body representing the interests of companies involved in the dust and fume control industry. APCEMA was formed in May 1987 with the primary purpose of providing a technical expertise resource for governments and industry and enhancing the skills of designers, users and specifiers of air pollution control equipment.
APCEMA is backed by the full resources of the Australian Industry Group, Australia's largest industry employer association. Its membership includes leading manufacturers and suppliers of process and environmental air filtration and associated hardware.
APCEMA mission statement
As the sole representative of manufacturers of air pollution control equipment and associated components, APCEMA seeks to advance the interests of its members by raising the public perception of the industry. This will be achieved by education courses, high ethical standards, representations, to governments and the like, while providing for social and technical interchange.
- To enhance public awareness and perception of the Air Pollution Control Industry and its positive contribution to Primary and Manufacturing businesses through active promotion of the Association's objectives, activities and membership resources.
- To encourage sound technical standards and ethical commercial and trade practices amongst its members.
- To make representations or submissions on behalf of members to governments, statutory authorities and other organisations on any matter which may affect the interests of the industry.
- To enhance the skills levels of designers, users and specifiers through the development and implementations of training courses, contribution to other education programs, communication and the like.
- To provide a technical expertise resource on air pollution matters for governments, industry, standards creations and the community in general.
- To increase members awareness of issues relating to the industry by:
- inviting specialist speakers to Association meetings
- affiliation with similar industry bodies internationally
- collecting and disseminating relevant information
- To encourage membership of the Association by providing a worthwhile forum for social and technical interchange and through the fulfillment of the Association's objectives.
Code of ethics
Members observe a business Code Of Ethics whereby companies recognise that in all circumstances they shall:
- Act so as to uphold and enhance the honour, objectives, integrity and dignity of the Association.
- Strive to provide equipment and service of the highest professional standard.
- Build their professional reputation on merit and not resort to unfair tactics and statements directed at any competitors and fellow members.
- Fulfill an undertaking given to a client.
- Deal with clients in a fair and honourable manner and encourage them to deal with members in the same fashion.